Welcome!

My name is Lamya Amatullah. I am a woman who is interested in initiating dialogue among women throughout the world in order to promote healing, reflection, spirituality, success and plain old joy!

I have experienced a lot in my life-some good and some bad. The main thing I have learned is that one of the most important elements needed for women to feel whole is to have a voice. Unfortunately, many women have a voice, but do not have an outlet in which to be heard. Others have a voice but have yet to find it.

Grassroots is a platform for everyone to be heard and/or find their voice. We will discuss issues that are real and important to us. Together, we will build a community that is safe, caring and true.

Grassroots' name was chosen for this blog because we are the people who might not normally have a voice. Many times our thoughts, beliefs and values are overlooked and we are not supported by the majority. However, this will not happen at Grassroots where EVERYONE has a voice. Everyone will have a voice and we will grow together and flourish.

Below, I have included a prayer schedule. There are also two links which allow you to look up recipes and find out which fruits and vegetables are in season in your area. After all, we need this too!

Please scroll down to get started!


Much love,


Lamya Amatullah

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 9- Fathers Day

Ladies,

I hope all is well with everyone.  I am up and at 'em early today so I am going to put a few things out here on the table and see what you all think.  Fathers' Day - who is it for?


Traditionally, it has been for the male fathers and father figures who are involved in children's lives.  However, in the more recent years Fathers' Day has spread to also include mothers, grandmothers, sisters and aunties.  Why?  Because the men are not stepping up to the plate and playing their role.  We have a lot of children being born into this world today who never even know who their father is.  Yes, the mothers might be whores and all of that.  But shouldn't paternity be established and don't the men still need to be responsible for their children?  And is that scenario the exception or the rule?  I believe it is the exception.

Many men and women get married or become involved in a relationship and have children together.  Everything is all good until they divorce or break up.  Often, at that point the men move on to a new relationship and abandon the children from the previous relationship and that is not right.  They do not want to pay child support because they think they are helping the women and they are-helping the women take care of BOTH parents' child(ren).  This is true of many women as well.  It just does not seem to be as common with the women as it is with the men.

I have a 16 year old.  I was married for many years before I had my child.  My child has seen my ex about two times in her entire life.  I have not received any child support from him at all...oh, I apologize.  I have received about $1,000.00 because the court took it from his check when he had a job.  Other than that, he has done nothing.  I have contacted him and he will talk to her for a brief amount of time and then stops.  It is a terrible situation.  But honestly I am glad he does not bother her because she would be miserable dealing with his miserable self.

I cannot relate to my daughter's situation because I have always known my father and communicated with him and I received child support from him.  We had our ups and downs but he never disconnected himself from my life.  So with that said, I give him major props for that.

What has been your experience with men being a father to your child(ren)?  How do you feel about it?  What do you think can help the situation? What was/is your experience with your own father?  How does your relationship with your father impact your marital relationship?

Let us hear your voice!

Until next time,

Live, laugh, love

Lamya Amatullah

No comments:

Post a Comment