Welcome!

My name is Lamya Amatullah. I am a woman who is interested in initiating dialogue among women throughout the world in order to promote healing, reflection, spirituality, success and plain old joy!

I have experienced a lot in my life-some good and some bad. The main thing I have learned is that one of the most important elements needed for women to feel whole is to have a voice. Unfortunately, many women have a voice, but do not have an outlet in which to be heard. Others have a voice but have yet to find it.

Grassroots is a platform for everyone to be heard and/or find their voice. We will discuss issues that are real and important to us. Together, we will build a community that is safe, caring and true.

Grassroots' name was chosen for this blog because we are the people who might not normally have a voice. Many times our thoughts, beliefs and values are overlooked and we are not supported by the majority. However, this will not happen at Grassroots where EVERYONE has a voice. Everyone will have a voice and we will grow together and flourish.

Below, I have included a prayer schedule. There are also two links which allow you to look up recipes and find out which fruits and vegetables are in season in your area. After all, we need this too!

Please scroll down to get started!


Much love,


Lamya Amatullah

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 4

Hey Ladies,

I pray everyone is doing great today!  I find myself working on the blog a little earlier than the previous nights.  My sleep pattern has gotten way off track since I have been off from work and school.  I have wanted a blog for some time now and am just now getting around to making it happen.  Now, I find myself struggling sometimes to make sure it is completed daily.  However, I am motivated to make the blog successful and I know I have to stay committed and regular if I expect to realize any true success with it.  I also find working on the blog to be extremely therapeutic.  I am able to really sit down in peace and quiet to develop my thoughts.  Rarely do we sit down and stay in the moment but working on the blog allows me to do that.  Being in the moment...that is a different blog topic for a future date!

I noticed one person has viewed the blog and I appreciate it!  I would like for more women to become involved.  It is very beneficial for us to come together to share and reflect.  Please know if you are simply reading and not responding, I would really like for you to become a part of this blog.  My belief is that it will be life changing as many of us need an outlet to share and to be heard.

In an earlier blog, I mentioned needing to get on my feet and having baggage after divorcing.  I did some reflecting and realized part of the problem I was having with the marriages was that my partners and I did not share the same vision.  Along with having shared vision, we should also know what our own personal vision is.

Senge (2006) says vision is a specific destination, a picture of a desired future.  Vision is concrete.  There is a difference between purpose and vision.  I might think my vision is to make money and be comfortable in my life.  In reality, that is my purpose.  My vision would be to own my own company by age 40 and make at least $100,000.00 a year.  So for me, I knew when I became divorced that I wanted to provide for my daughter and become self-sufficient.  What I did not know was the specific steps I would take to reach that goal.

After much trial and error, I realized that I really did not have a plan.  So, I made one.  In 2005, I lacked 40 hours to complete an undergraduate degree and I decided I would complete my degree within the next three years while I worked.  In addition, I decided to purchase a home because I kept saying I wanted a house (purpose, not vision).  I found a home that was within my means and was able to purchase it.

My thoughts always go back to relationships.  Many times, I think we mis-communicate with our partners because we share our purpose but have no specific way of obtaining it (vision).  I know this is true in my past relationships.  Although I always had a purpose, I never really had a vision.  We need to know the difference to realize success.

My question to you and myself is, what is your personal vision?  I think I am still tweaking my personal vision!  And that is fine.  We have to constantly focus and refocus on our personal vision and make the proper adjustments.  I will follow up with my personal vision tomorrow and hope you do the same!

Let us hear your voice!

Live, laugh, love

Lamya Amatullah 

No comments:

Post a Comment