Welcome!

My name is Lamya Amatullah. I am a woman who is interested in initiating dialogue among women throughout the world in order to promote healing, reflection, spirituality, success and plain old joy!

I have experienced a lot in my life-some good and some bad. The main thing I have learned is that one of the most important elements needed for women to feel whole is to have a voice. Unfortunately, many women have a voice, but do not have an outlet in which to be heard. Others have a voice but have yet to find it.

Grassroots is a platform for everyone to be heard and/or find their voice. We will discuss issues that are real and important to us. Together, we will build a community that is safe, caring and true.

Grassroots' name was chosen for this blog because we are the people who might not normally have a voice. Many times our thoughts, beliefs and values are overlooked and we are not supported by the majority. However, this will not happen at Grassroots where EVERYONE has a voice. Everyone will have a voice and we will grow together and flourish.

Below, I have included a prayer schedule. There are also two links which allow you to look up recipes and find out which fruits and vegetables are in season in your area. After all, we need this too!

Please scroll down to get started!


Much love,


Lamya Amatullah

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 6

Ladies,

I hope all is well with you today.  I am posting a bit earlier today.  I have been out all day and am still pretty energized so I told myself to go on and blog right now.  I have one more follower and a few people have now voted on the quality of the blog.  Thanks!

I mentioned in my first post that I lost my job after working for many years.  I recently found out that I have been awarded unemployment.  This is great as I have no prospects for employment right now and could certainly use the income.  Today, I received a letter from the unemployment department indicating that my previous employers did not make any claims to prove their case.  They simply reported that my contract was not renewed.  This is so ironic to me because they gave me a HORRIBLE evaluation that was based on a series of untruths and I fully expected them to do the same with unemployment.

I am certainly thankful that things worked out for me.  At the same time, I am angry that they were willing to make so many false claims on my evaluation but would not do so with the unemployment paperwork.  My reputation on paper has basically been ruined with this specific employer.  I cannot use them as a reference and I am basically starting all over.  I have told myself repeatedly that this is fine and I have carried myself with grace and class during the whole ordeal.  However, at times I find myself extremely hurt by all of this.  I have never experienced lies against me so serious.  These lies impact my life in so many ways.  The logical part of me says, "bump all of this, I am good." But the flesh part of me says, "wait, I have been wronged and I am going to make sure my name is cleared  by taking these people to court!"

I have been struggling with this for some time.  I felt like I was handling it better but then the letter set me off once again.  A really good friend had to calm me down and help me to refocus on who our Lord is and what He is capable of.  She explained that I really need to be thankful and move forward.   I know all of the encouraging words she shared to be true.  But sometimes, it is just too hard to think right!

Like I said, I thought I was dealing with this matter well.  But I see any little thing will set me off.  Our feelings are so real to us and they need to be validated for sure.  At the same time, we have to move on to much more productive thinking.  I have to continuously pray for guidance and the strength to forgive and want for my fellow brothers and sisters what I want  for myself.  It is hard but it can be done.  The more I practice what I know to be true, the less difficult my situation will be.

Has anyone experienced anything really hurtful (I know the answer to that, but are you willing to share?)  How did you deal with it?  Are you still struggling with the issue(s)?

Well, that's all for me.

Let us hear your voice

Live, laugh, love

Lamya Amatullah

2 comments:

  1. I have been wronged by every muslim employeer I have ever had. I now refuse to work for them im order to protect myself from having any long term negative feelings in my heart for them. This is why im so big on unity amongst our women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, let me say thank you for contributing to our page! That is really unfortunate that you have been wronged by muslims. Some muslims bring their street mindset into the deen and do not do right by others instead of bringing their street know-how into the deen and doing good by everyone including their lord. This is really horrible but just know, all muslims are not like that. I am telling myself that first because I have certainly had some really horrible experiences with other muslims. It can truly be damaging.

    Thankfully, my employer was not a muslim and quite frankly, when people really do not work on their relationship with their lord, there is no telling how they will treat people. Nonetheless, I struggle with dealing with the mistreatment I received.

    I am glad you are interested in unity among the sisters. In many cases, that is all we have and we need to stand strong together.

    I am trying to position myself to be able to work for myself. I know I will more than likely have to work for someone else for a while but I plan to constantly build on the side for myself. Eventually, I hope to see my dream of owning my own business come to fruition. Women are very talented and skilled. We can do great things, make our own money and the whole nine. I believe that and I hope you do too!

    Thanks for letting me hear your voice!

    Much love,

    Lamya Amatullah

    ReplyDelete