Welcome!

My name is Lamya Amatullah. I am a woman who is interested in initiating dialogue among women throughout the world in order to promote healing, reflection, spirituality, success and plain old joy!

I have experienced a lot in my life-some good and some bad. The main thing I have learned is that one of the most important elements needed for women to feel whole is to have a voice. Unfortunately, many women have a voice, but do not have an outlet in which to be heard. Others have a voice but have yet to find it.

Grassroots is a platform for everyone to be heard and/or find their voice. We will discuss issues that are real and important to us. Together, we will build a community that is safe, caring and true.

Grassroots' name was chosen for this blog because we are the people who might not normally have a voice. Many times our thoughts, beliefs and values are overlooked and we are not supported by the majority. However, this will not happen at Grassroots where EVERYONE has a voice. Everyone will have a voice and we will grow together and flourish.

Below, I have included a prayer schedule. There are also two links which allow you to look up recipes and find out which fruits and vegetables are in season in your area. After all, we need this too!

Please scroll down to get started!


Much love,


Lamya Amatullah

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 11 (Really 12) - Trying to Play Catch Up...Can We Do It?

Hey Ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well!  I apologize for not blogging yesterday.  I have been sleeping like crazy and not on any type of good schedule.  It all came crashing down on me yesterday and I had to get myself together.

I have shared with you all that I lost my job.  So I have had some free time on my hands.  I had all of these high hopes of getting a bunch of housework done and cooking food for days so I would just have food on deck (lol).  I also have plans of getting an online reading class together by the first of July!  Needless to say, I have not been able to accomplish all of these goals. 

The main goal I have not kept up with is getting the house together.  The house is straight but now I need to mop the entire house which is covered with ALL hardwood.  I also need to begin preparing for the online class (which is actually very exciting to me) in July.  There just does not seem to be enough time for me to do all of the things I would like and need to do.

Our bodies tend to take their rights and I needed plenty of rest.  It is hard for me to accept that.  I grew up believing if you napped or just sat around your are lazy.  So I felt (and still do sometimes) guilty anytime I just wanted to take it easy.  But the older I become, I know that I have to get rest and just relax or I will go insane.

Do any of you feel guilty for wanting to do things for yourself even if it is something as simple as resting and watching a few good movies?  Is it possible to just be content with not taking care of everything all of the time?  I find it is a struggle to do so, but it happens anyway so I am choosing to simply accept the things that I cannot complete/accomplish.  I am also making sure I stay true to myself and my family.  Am I wrong for that?

Let us hear your voice!

Until next time,

Live, laugh, love

Lamya Amatullah

No comments:

Post a Comment