Welcome!

My name is Lamya Amatullah. I am a woman who is interested in initiating dialogue among women throughout the world in order to promote healing, reflection, spirituality, success and plain old joy!

I have experienced a lot in my life-some good and some bad. The main thing I have learned is that one of the most important elements needed for women to feel whole is to have a voice. Unfortunately, many women have a voice, but do not have an outlet in which to be heard. Others have a voice but have yet to find it.

Grassroots is a platform for everyone to be heard and/or find their voice. We will discuss issues that are real and important to us. Together, we will build a community that is safe, caring and true.

Grassroots' name was chosen for this blog because we are the people who might not normally have a voice. Many times our thoughts, beliefs and values are overlooked and we are not supported by the majority. However, this will not happen at Grassroots where EVERYONE has a voice. Everyone will have a voice and we will grow together and flourish.

Below, I have included a prayer schedule. There are also two links which allow you to look up recipes and find out which fruits and vegetables are in season in your area. After all, we need this too!

Please scroll down to get started!


Much love,


Lamya Amatullah

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 1

Dear Ladies,

After working five years for the same employer, I just lost my job.  I found out at the end of May that my contract would not be renewed.  Imagine my shock, disappointment and rage.  Thankfully, I was able to handle it with grace.  I am a divorced mother of one child, so I am concerned about my money to say the least.  However, I believe I will make it and that is half the battle.

Since losing my job, I have done a lot of thinking about how people communicate.  I attribute losing my job, in part, to miscommunication by all parties involved.  So much is involved in effectively communicating.  Often, people look at others and make an initial judgement about who they are and what they represent.  In addition, even though a person says one thing, it could very well be misinterpreted by the assumptions that were made initially.

This is not related to the workplace only.  Miscommunication occurs in households between couples and among other family members.  It also takes place between and among friends.

Have you ever been misunderstood? If so, how?  Have you ever misunderstood someone?  If so, how?  Was anything done to rectify the situation?

Let me hear your voice!

That's all for now!

Much love,

Lamya Amatullah

No comments:

Post a Comment