Welcome!

My name is Lamya Amatullah. I am a woman who is interested in initiating dialogue among women throughout the world in order to promote healing, reflection, spirituality, success and plain old joy!

I have experienced a lot in my life-some good and some bad. The main thing I have learned is that one of the most important elements needed for women to feel whole is to have a voice. Unfortunately, many women have a voice, but do not have an outlet in which to be heard. Others have a voice but have yet to find it.

Grassroots is a platform for everyone to be heard and/or find their voice. We will discuss issues that are real and important to us. Together, we will build a community that is safe, caring and true.

Grassroots' name was chosen for this blog because we are the people who might not normally have a voice. Many times our thoughts, beliefs and values are overlooked and we are not supported by the majority. However, this will not happen at Grassroots where EVERYONE has a voice. Everyone will have a voice and we will grow together and flourish.

Below, I have included a prayer schedule. There are also two links which allow you to look up recipes and find out which fruits and vegetables are in season in your area. After all, we need this too!

Please scroll down to get started!


Much love,


Lamya Amatullah

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 5

Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well!  I am becoming more encouraged each day working on the blog!  I noticed four people completed the poll on the blog and I truly appreciate it!  At the same time, I am disappointed that only one person has chosen to join the feed.  I realized my settings did not allow people to comment unless they are members of the blog.  I also realized how you might not want to or feel like going through another "username/password" situation!  I know I get tired of them.  So, I adjusted the settings allowing you to be able to post without creating an account.  In addition sisters, you do not have to use your real names if you would feel more comfortable as it is natural to be apprehensive during the beginning stages of this page.  This also might help you to communicate/participate more freely.

I feel in my heart that we need this.  I know we need this.  I also know there are sisters out here hurting, depressed and frightened for a variety of reasons.  I also know that with some encouragement, all of us can make some positive things happen in our lives.  Sometimes it just takes someone (even a stranger) telling you that you are worthy and fully capable of being happy in this life.  I would like for us to create that type of environment on this blog.

My heart is very close to all of the issues we will cover on the blog.  I have been to hell and back sisters.  I think I even resided there for a little while!  That is metaphorically speaking, of course.  My goal is for us to work together, get our minds right and open our minds to the endless opportunities that await those who believe and act on their faith in the Almighty and themselves.

But first, I need some feedback!  This will promote the support group that we so badly need.  So, please make dua' and if you find it in your heart to join, please do so! 

Let us hear your voice.

Until next time,

Live, laugh love

Lamya Amatullah

No comments:

Post a Comment